A-LEAGUE – WEEK 13
Central Coast Mariners vs Wellington Phoenix
Time: 7pm Venue: Central Coast Stadium
History: Played 25; Mariners 11, Phoenix 8, Draw 6.
- The Phoenix are undefeated in their last six matches against the Mariners, including three victories.
- The Phoenix are without a win in their last six away matches.
- The Mariners have picked up just two points in their last 11 matches this season.
Betting Trends: There has been no support for the Mariners in this one with all the money coming in on a draw or a Phoenix victory with double the money favouring the New Zealanders to pick up the win.
Final Thoughts: The Mariners defence has been in shambles all season and they have conceded over 30 goals in the opening 12 rounds. They are an inexperienced team and the Phoenix will be desperate to end their year in style with a victory to hold onto their spot in the top 6. They will take the three points.
Phoenix @ $2.38
Melbourne City vs Sydney FC
Date: 2/1 Time: 7.30pm
Venue: AAAMI Park
History: Played 16; City 5, Sydney 4, Draw 7.
- Sydney FC has the most clean sheets (6) of all A-league clubs this season.
- City has won their last three matches on home soil.
- Sydney FC hasn’t won in their last three away matches.
Betting Trends: Punters are split with who will win this team with even money coming in for both sides. There has also been a lot of support for the match to finish in a draw.
Final Thoughts: The Sky Blues were able to pick up a big win last week, however it was against the Mariners who sit on the bottom of the table. Meanwhile City’s four match winning streak was brought to an end. Aaron Mooy will bounce back from a disappointing performance and lead his side to victory.
City @ $2.25
NFL – WEEK 17
Jacksonville Jaguars vs Houston Texans
Date: 4/1 Time: 5am
Venue: NRG Stadium
History: Played 27; Texans 16, Jaguars 11.
- The Texans have won the last three meetings between these two sides.
- The Texans are onto their fourth quarterback this year with former Cowboys back up Brandon Weeden.
- If the Texans pick up a victory they will clinch their division and a play off spot.
Betting Trends: Double the money has came in on the home side to win with punters also favouring them to clear the line.
Final Thoughts: Brandon Weeden looked solid last week and was able to lead his offence to three touchdowns throughout the match. He will need to repeat that effort to put points on the board. However, the Texans will win this match on the back of their defence.
New England Patriots vs Miami Dolphins
Date: 4/1 Time: 5am
Venue: Sun Life Stadium
History: Played 100; Dolphins 52, Patriots 48.
- The Patriots have won 9 of the last 11 matches between these two sides.
- The Dolphins have lost their last three matches.
- The Patriots have lost two matches in overtime this season.
Betting Trends: All the money has been on the Patriots to bounce back from their overtime loss last week to the Jets. The Dolphins have received no support with the Patriots also favoured to clear the line.
Final Thoughts: The Patriots were out of sorts last week but it was a loss that needed to happen for the side to regroup before the playoffs. Tom Brady is a fighter and always bounces back strong after a loss. He will lead his side to a massive victory against the Dolphins.
Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder
Venue: Blundstone Arena
History: Played 4; Hurricanes 4, Thunder 0.
- The Thunder is the only remaining undefeated team in the Big Bash.
- The Hobart Hurricanes are in second position with two wins and a loss.
- The Thunder’s Andre Russell has been the form player of the competition with both bat and ball.
Betting Trends: The Hurricanes started as outsiders but after their big win against the Brisbane Heat they have received triple the money as their odds have shortened.
Final Thoughts: The Thunder has started the season superbly and is the only undefeated team left in the competition. They are a very balanced team with a lot of strong bowlers and batters. Their bowlers will need to be at their best as they come up against the Hurricanes strong batting line up and if they grab a few early wickets they will win this one.
Thunder @ $1.76
Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Sixers
Venue: Adelaide Oval
History: Played 5; Sixers 3, Strikers 2.
- The Sixers and Strikers are both have both registered two wins this season.
- The Strikers have suffered just the one loss this year.
- The Sixers have scored the most runs with 621 this BBL year, however they have played one more game than every other team.
Betting Trends: Triple the money has been on the home side to return to winning ways after a disappointing loss to the Thunder in their last start. Their odds have shorted to $1.60 with Brad Haddin the favourite amongst Punters to top score.
Final Thoughts: The Strikers were dismantled by the Thunder in their last match as they were able to pick up a lot of early wickets, which stopped the side from putting a big score on the board. Meanwhile the Sixers are in a position where this is a must win for them and they offer the better value.
Sydney Sixers @ $2.35
Australia vs West Indies
Time: 10pm Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground
History: Played 115; Australia 57, West Indies 32, Drawn 25.
- Australia have won 13 of the last 16 matches against the West Indies with the other 3 ending in a draw.
- Australia will play two spinners in the third test and rest their fast bowlers.
- The West Indies have lost their last six test matches.
Betting Trends: The money has continued to flow in on Australia despite their decision to rest their fast bowlers. Usman Khawaja has been the favourite to top score in the third test.
Final Thoughts: Australia will be looking to complete the sweep of the West Indies and with the odds remaining too short for value the Early Crow believes sticking with top run scorer is the best option and you can’t go past the Australian captain Steve Smith.
Top Australian Batsman – Steve Smith @ $3.60